How to Cleanse
Preparation is essential for a cleanse. The more prepared you are, the better your cleansing experience will be. For optimal cleanse benefits, you will have to cut out some of your usual indulgences.
We recommend you include these healthy habits at least 3 days before starting your cleanse:
1. Start your day with a glass of warm lemon water or herbal tea.
2. Keep hydrating throughout the day with non-carbonated water (at least two liters a day.)
3. Avoid the following:
- dairy and egg products
- meat and poultry
- fish and seafood
- processed sugar
This may sound like a lot to give up, but your body will thank you for it in the end! Try to stick with foods like steamed vegetables, salads, fruits, smoothies and juices. If giving up wheat completely, sounds too drastic for you, try to stay away from refined starches like white bread, white rice and pasta. Remember, anything you can cut out from your diet ahead of time, will make it easier for you once you are on your cleanse.
DURING THE CLEANSE
Your first day of cleansing has arrived. You are properly prepared and ready to get started. Here are a few things you should be aware of to make your cleanse a success:
Keep on hydrating
We recommend you drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Start your day with a glass of warm water with lemon, after that, have a glass of water between each of your juices. If you feel like something warm, decaffeinated herbal teas are a great option.
Give your body time to rest
Our cleanses are designed to be gentle on your body so you can continue with your daily lives. However, a cleanse may be tiring for your body. Make sure to get plenty of rest. Go to bed early, take naps when needed, keep your schedule as light as possible.
Make sure to eliminate the released toxins
During a cleanse you body releases accumulated waste that may have built up for years. To prevent toxins from reabsorbing into your bloodstream, you have to make sure to properly eliminate them. Colonics and enemas are a safe way of releasing the waste from your system.
Throughout your cleanse, your organs will be working diligently to release toxins. Here are some tips on how to support your organs to get the job done:
- Exfoliate! This will help to open pores and get rid of dead skin cells
- Sweat, sweat, sweat! Take a sauna, steam, or take a hot bath.
- Exercise! Remember to always shower afterwards to rinse off any sweat before it reabsorbs into the skin.
- Get out! Take a walk, get into nature and get some fresh air into those lungs.
- Schedule a massage. This will release tension and stress! Tip: take a tennis ball and use it to massage your liver (below your right rib cage). This will stimulate the detox process of the liver.
After your cleanse your body needs to be slowly reintroduced to solid foods. We put together some hints on how to break your cleanse safely.
Day 1 Add smoothies, soups, fresh non-pasteurized juices and fruits
Day 2 Add salads, steamed vegetables (preferably greens like spinach, broccoli, kale, etc)
Day 3 Add some whole grains like quinoa, amaranth, millet and brown rice
Day 4 Avoid same foods as pre-cleanse!
Day 5 Now you can slowly introduce other foods. But remember to do it gradually!